Tuesday, January 13, 2015

The Favorite Films Before My Lifetime: 1969



Hey, everyone, this is going to be the laziest post of them all because...well, I want to get this in today, but I don't really have the time.  Forgive me, but, I am just wanting to get this out.  Hopefully this will be the only time, and maybe I'll revisit this post and beef it up sometime in the future.  We'll see.  Oh, what other year is gonna have 3 Westerns on my list?  Something to ponder.


Was the Oscars of 69

WINNER - Midnight Cowboy
Anne Of The Thousand Days
Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid
Hello, Dolly!
Z

My turn


Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid

Newman and Redford is one of Hollywood's all time great team ups.  This is maybe my favorite or most likely their best too.


The Italian Job

This film also has one of the most badass posters of all time, too.  Look it up, you'll want to frame it up in your movie room!


Midnight Cowboy

Looks like I agree with their choice for Best Picture that year.  Seems to be a film that was getting us into that next decade nicely.


On Her Majesty's Secret Service

While an early piece of mine, THIS one I wrote back in the Bond retrospective has always remained one of my favorites and one I'm most proud of.  I've always been a fan of this movie, and boy oh boy that 60s Diana Rigg is something isn't she?


True Grit

One of the "musts" in the John Wayne canon.  I may be a little more fond of the more recent Coen Brothers film, but this one is a good time as well, and I think they are both different enough to be enjoyable in different ways.


The Wild Bunch

Sam Peckinpah's "extreme" Western is not only badass, but its highly influential still to this day.  I honestly feel or recognize in its awesome finale the lobby shootout in The Matrix.  There's a checklist of "Westerns To See Before You Die" and this one has to be in the Top 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment