Monday, November 3, 2014

A NOVEMBER On Elm Street



HELLLLL YEAH!  Welcome to "A November on Elm Street", bitch!  This month marks the 30th anniversary of Wes Craven's original classic.  The film that dropped Freddy Krueger into the the pantheon of legendary film monster.  While Halloween is my favorite film of all time and Micahel Myers my favorite villain, Freddy Krueger is not all that far off.  I frickin' LOVE the Springwood Slasher.  As a film franchise, I actually think his original canon is tops.  They are the most attentive to continuity and least clunky of the big 3 slasher villains. 


We'll be getting into all this all month long as the Fred-man gets this whole month dedicated to him.  Any real fan knows, NOVEMBER this year is the month to celebrate.  Let everybody else have October.  As tempting as it was to schedule this for October, nuh uh!  I'm a big time Freddy fan and I'm doing it right.  If it wasn't 2014 when I'm doing this, I wouldn't mind fudging a little, but we're right here at the 30th birthday of Johnny Depp being sucked into his mattress while watching Miss Nude America.  No need to blow your wad early like some publications already have.

Unfortunately, this won't be like 31 Days Of Halloween like last year.  Life just won't allow me to be able to have content daily.  But Monday through Friday should be possible, and I'll have guests and some extra bits and all that.  This is going to be loads of fun, and I hope you're as excited as I am and to travel back through the Elm Street journey...but whatever you do DON'T FALL ASLEEP!



No comments:

Post a Comment