Monday, August 24, 2020

The Brandon Peters Show! BEGINS


I thought it might be high time for an update on the new podcast.  First of all, it now has a name. Purely, simply The Brandon Peters Show! I can hear your brain right now saying things like "Boring", "Basic", "Weak sauce" and "Generic". That's fair, considering the previous show had such a clever ring to it. But, I assure you this was the best name for this show.  Though Brad Shoemaker (my producer) still argues "Playing With Peters" was the best choice. 

When it comes to the podcast realm, people tend to paint themselves into a corner with uber specific titles and show mission statements. The goal of moving onward to this new program was to find a way to house many ideas I've been having (and tend to frequently have) in my brain under one umbrella. And to do so without creating a new show for each. The common consistency of this show being myself, I'll be able to do a lot more and a lot more stuff that I felt I couldn't add or evolve to on my previous show.

"Oooh big ego, Brandon!" Sure, if that's how you want to take it. I imagine many of the initial listeners will be those who were following along with Cult Cinema Cavalcade, but also Why So Blu, Out Now With Aaron & Abe, maybe this blog and quite possibly Mendelson's Memos. Maybe even some of you who know me in person will FINALLY check out one of my adventures. What I'm getting at is that there's a familiarity with me that's expected and I really think that this show is going to have something for you no matter which place you're coming from. You'll see once it gets going.

As far as the content of the show itself, its going...how its going. There are things I'd like to move faster but it is what it is. I'm doing a lot of scheduling of recordings right now and that's always one of my least favorite parts. My anxiety rides high as I set myself personal deadlines to get things done and a lot of the time things become a game of E-mail cat and mouse. I'm pretty active on keeping up with my e-mails and responding timely as that's how I'd hope someone would be with me, but its not always that way. But, in that regard the guests and prospective guests have been going pretty smoothly so far.

Ideally, my goal is to deliver episodes/content throughout the work week for consumption. Sure, it sounds quite ambitious, but breaking it down (to me) its not going to be so bad. And I don't HAVE to drop this stuff every week. The episodes are not all going to be the same type or style even. I'm going to be entering some more experimental territory in some areas and different ones will have different agendas. I don't really want to go into it right now until I'm more in a post production mode on some of this, but this show will cover movies, television, music and sketch comedy and it'll be explored in different ways. I have one episode that is in the process of locking some people (Some familiar, some brand new) up for that is going to be an absolute blast to do and to listen to. I'm really excited for it. 

I apologize for being vague, but things obviously go day to day and my mind could change or go somewhere else between now and then. That's the beauty of a name like The Brandon Peters Show! Things I can reveal at this time:

  • Jessica Alsman (The Bob & Tom Show) will be the "voice" of the show and is also part of one the more experimental avenues of the show.
  • Metavari's Nate Utesch is composing a theme song for the show
  • Longtime friend and Forbes writer Scott Mendelson will be my first guest.
  • Out Now With Aaron and Abe monthly commentaries will be released as part of this show, too
  • HHWLOD Network's Jim Dietz and I will be journeying through the first season of an "old space show". 
  • Once a month, an episode will feature a roundtable discussion. Topics to vary between fun and deep. The first one is on the fun side.
  • At this time I plan on doing a Patreon and some light YouTube content for this show. 
  • The show will be available on its website, Apple Music, Spotify, Stitcher and wherever (except Soundcloud) podcasts are found. It remains part of the Creative Zombie Studios family.
The aim is still a flat "September" start. Whether that means September 1st (It won't be) or as late as September 29th (Please be before then) depending on recordings and post production. I'm enjoying being a bit more open about this show and the process in writing and doing videos (on my instagram @brandon4kuhd). If you're enjoying that, feel free to let me know, I'll continue doing so. I hope this little update was a little something to help keep you aware and provide a little inside information (Maybe some excitement?).

No comments:

Post a Comment