Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The Fellowship Of The Retrospective



The Hobbit; Battle Of The Five Armies is bringing Peter Jackson's 2-Trilogy 6-film epic of the JRR Tolkien lore to a close.  Although, I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of this universe.  Personally, I'm not some super huge Lord Of The Rings junkie.  I never read the books, but I was quite a big fan of the original trilogy, as I think its cinematic excellence.  Every time there's a new one my but is firmly planted in a seat opening weekend.  However, I'm also someone who is perfectly fine with the theatrical cuts of these films.  I own no real collectibles on the series aside from Blu-rays and DVDs in my movie collection.


I wanted to do something different and special for this series coming to its (for the near forseeable future) close.  So, I introduce to you the Fellowship Of The Retrospective.  A band of bloggers coming together to discuss each Lord Of The Rings film.  Some are big fans, some are sort of where I stand on it all.  I'll kick things off with the first film in the retrospective tomorrow and pop in for something wild Jim Dietz found later on.  But for each one of these you'll get a different film with a different voice.

This is just a little introduction so you know what's going on here over the next couple of weeks.  I hope you enjoy this little trip to Naptown Nerd Middle Earth, its going to be fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment